Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Recipe Share January 2014

You mentioned recipes, so here are some of the staples I've been using:

Tali's Spice Cake

For this one, I add one more egg to the batter (4 instead of 3) and line a muffin tray with papers, then make 12 muffins out of it. You have to press the batter into the paper liners (I wet my fingers to do this). I bake it for 17 minutes at 325. The almond flour I use is from Costco, it's the Honeyville brand, and it gives everything an excellent texture.

I make the spice cupcakes 1-2 times a week. I eat them for almost every meal and snack.

Gluten Free Almond Flour Chocolate Cake

This is the chocolate cake recipe I use (you tasted it at Mom's b-day party). It is technically not SCD because of the cocoa powder, but I don't mind it. I do not put in the full cup of honey that it calls for, instead I put in maybe a heavy 1/2 cup, and I add an extra egg. I also split this into cupcake papers and bake for ~15 minutes at 325. It makes only about 9 cupcakes.

If I were to make it to be a cake, I would possibly add more honey to make it sweeter. As a casual eating, I like it less sweet.

SCD Cheddar Biscuits

This one I have made twice, and it isn't bad. I halve the recipe, because they don't have a long shelf life and I don't want to power through eating them all. I have yet to try it with lemon juice (just didn't have any on hand) and so I've thrown in a splash of cider vinegar instead.

They are great as sandwich biscuits.

Grain Free Cinnamon Rolls

I haven't made these in a while. They have more of a biscuit texture rather than a cinnamon roll, but they still hit the spot when I'm craving one. I don't usually make the icing, but will put on some creme fraiche or my homemade cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment