Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It comes up awfully fast.

I swear to God I blinked, and now xmas is two weeks away. We've finished everything (except the wrap party) for us, but I still have to find gifts for everyone else, with the exception of maybe Bree.

So since I haven't had a chance to chat with you about it, are you giving gifts to my kids? Should we do a gift exchange with them or skip it this year?

I think I know what to get Mom, but I have no clue what to get Dad & Diann.

I would like to have a winter celebration party that includes Mom. What would be awesome is to rent a facility where we could all meet up. I can't really think of a place, nor when we would even do such an event. I guess we could always do something at my place.

Also, what should we do for Mom's birthday? I work the evening of the 16th, so if everyone else gets together at her place on that night then I will do something separate. However, what if we all got together and took Mom out to dinner? Would we be able to do it without the kids? We can get a sitter, so it's down to you and Bree. Would there be a night you could do something like that?


2 comments:

  1. I am very, very close to being done with *everyone*. Except some crafty things, which I'll try to get done in time.

    I did get gifts for your kids. They aren't extravagant, but hopefully they will like them. My Jason is so into Christmas, I can't help but get into it, too. So I got something for everyone (in the family anyway).

    A winter celebration party sounds like a great idea, but I have the same logistical thoughts: When and where would we have it? I don't technically have my kids for xmas this year, but I'm not working much that week, and John is, so it's possible that I may have them during the day on the 24th, 26th, and 27th. It's tentative though. I don't have them the weekend before xmas, but I have them the weekend after xmas.

    If we can schedule a thing for Mom's birthday on Sunday the 15th, I can ask John to take the kids earlier than usual. I'm down with taking her out to dinner. Perhaps we can put the word out and see what happens? I could also try for something at another time... with enough warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am checking with Bree to see if this is possible. We could do Sunday, though I work until 5, so it would have to start a little bit later for me.

    We are hoping to finish up shopping next week. Sean has been on call this past week so it hasn't been possible.

    I'll see what I can brainstorm regarding a gathering for xmas.

    ReplyDelete